PHP DEVELOPMENT KIT
is an event-driven, component-based web framework similar as architecture to ASP.NET. It is a tool, which will help you to build any php-based website in a very easy, fast, reliable, safe and well-organized way. It comes with 40+ components, 70+ demos and many tutorials. The framework has very short learning curve, so anyone can start using it efficiently in less than 3 hours.
is influenced by other PHP frameworks, Java-based ones and mostly by ASP.NET and Borland Delphi. It tries to get the best of the above platforms as well as to avoid some problematic parts. Basically it:
- Brings the elegance of Java and C#
- Relies extensively on OOP concepts
- It's not only for hardcore PHP developers, you can use with very little knowledge in PHP
- Provides extremely easy way(Widget API) to integrate 1000s of free widgets
Code-behind approach is used, so every webpage consists of 2 files:
- .PHP - presentation logic
- .PHP.SCRIPT - business/programming logic
If you are a first time visitor and want to get familiar and start using PHP DEVELOPMENT KIT
in a couple of hours, these are the practical steps to follow:
- Go to the examples section and spend 10-15 minutes taking a look over the stuff. For every example both source files are available at the bottom right corner.
- Download the latest version and start reading the tutorial. In short time they will give you everything you want to know how to develop a full application.
- The online documentation would be always in help. At the top of every major class there is always an example how to use it.